The Volkswagen Marathon has its unmistakable place in the running world. More than 10 000 athletes every year enjoy the exceptionally beautiful route through Prague´s historical center while able to rely on superb event organization, from picking up their starter pack to the last note of the Prague Marathon Music Festival. And this year, we’re celebrating our 25th anniversary of the marathon so you can expect an awesome race, a huge crowd, and a marathon party. At the start from the Old Town Square, you will be passing through the sounds of Smetana’s Vltava towards Pařížská Street. Enjoying the Charles Bridge, which is once a year reserved only for marathoners, views of the majestic Prague Castle, the Neo-Renaissance National Theater, the modern building of the Dancing House or the architectural treasures of the Old Town.
When? 5. 5. 2019
Where? Old Town Square and the city center
How much? Start Fee is calculated based on participation:
- 1 – 3500 basic entry fee 60 €
- 3501 – 7000 basic entry fee 90 €
- 7001+ basic entry fee 110 €
Entry fee includes:
- Start number
- Timekeeping service – non-disposable chip, email, and SMS with performance info, intermediate times, online diploma
- Start bag for usage in bag deposit and as a nice souvenir
- Refreshment points and sponge points every 2,5 – 3 km and in the finish – based on weather
- Commemorative medal at the finish
Technical area entry:
- Start bag deposit & changing room, toilets and showers
- Kinesiotaping before the race
- Free massage after the race
- Medical service on the course (also mobile AED), in the finish and technical area
- Pacemakers for favourite times
- Free public transport – your start number is your public transport ticket on the day of the race in a selected time
- Marathon Music Festival – musical accompaniment from the changing room to the finish
Pre-race warm-up runSchedule:
- 7:30 am – Opening of the technical facility / Opening of the depository in the technical facilities
- 8:00 – Opening of the starting corridors
- 9:00 – Start of the Volkswagen Prague Marathon (individuals, teams, 2Run)
- 16:00 – Closing ceremony
- 17:00 – Closing of technical facilities
For more info, check the official website.
Starting numbers are picked up in advance at the Prague Exhibition Grounds in Marathon Expo, which is the largest sports fair in the Czech Republic. You can look forward to more than 120 exhibitors offering a wide range from running equipment to healthy eating and regeneration.
How to get to the starting line from Almandine Apartments?
The Old Town Square, one of the must-to-see places in Prague, is only a few minutes far from Almandine Apartments. In here, you can check the route via “Železná” street, which is wider and might be less crowded.
About Marathon Expo:
When? 2. 5. 2019 – 4. 5. 2019
Where? Prague Exhibition Grounds Holešovice, Prague 7 – Holešovice
Expo is associated with the Volkswagen Prague Marathon. At this fair, all race runners can pick up their starting number and package. As part of the accompanying program, visitors will see fitness lessons, play football, softball or hockey ball, try the colony and the big trampolines. Participants of the races can use the service in the form of examination by a physiotherapist and subsequent clogging for free directly at the fair near the registration stand. The exhibition attracts more than 20,000 active athletes from the Czech Republic and abroad every year.
What to bring ? To pick up the start number, prepare a some ID document with photo and the associated starting number. This can be found in the RunCzech application as well as in the Runners ID profile. The start number will be assigned to runners approximately two weeks before the race.
TIP: You can pick up your starting number personally, or issue a mandate to pick up another person online through the Runners ID.
How to get to the Expo?
There are many ways to get to Prague Exhibition Grounds in Holešovice. One of the best options is taking tram no. 17 from National Theatre (“Národní divadlo“ in Czech), which is 10 minutes far from Almandine Apartments. The tram will take you right in front of the main entrance to the Exhibition Grounds. The tram stop to get off is called “Výstaviště Holešovice“, and it is also the terminal stop. You can check the route in this link.